What Personal Information Does Company Collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our Services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience in using our Services. We collect the following types of information from our customers:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way, including via any third party site or service through which you authorize us to access your information (e.g., Facebook). The types of Personal Information collected in this fashion may include, your name, email address, IP address, browser information, username, password, and any other information necessary for us to provide or optimize our Services. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as answering questions, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about Company’s products and services, including specials and new features.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
● We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with or use our Services. Company may automatically receive and record information on our server logs including, your IP address, unique mobile device identifier (UDID), International Mobile Equipment ID (IMEI), Android ID, cookie information, browser information, operating system, timestamps, the pages you request, and the actions and path you take on the Services.
● Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Services and how they use the various components of the Services. Company only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how customers use parts of the Services so that we can make them appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those Services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our Services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how people use the Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal user experience. Again, Company never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from Company if your computer or device supports this type of functionality. Company uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and to improve our Services. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. When you receive e-mail from Company, you can opt out of receiving further e-mails by following the included instructions to unsubscribe.
What About Cookies?
Will Company Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
Advertisers: As discussed above, we allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and you agree that we may use any of the information we have collected from you (including, without limitation, information you may have decided not to show to other users) to select or allow the advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we may allow an advertiser to target an ad to you based on your query history.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items to you through our Services. In other situations, Company may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Company’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profiles: User profile information including your username and other information you enter (“User Submissions”) may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services.
Communication in response to User Submissions: As part of the Services, you may receive from Company email and other communication relating to your User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Company may send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Company, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Company or its assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Company and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by limiting access to your computer (or other device) and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Company endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What personal information can I access?
Company allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating or deleting that information. This list will change as the Services change.
● User e-mail address
What Choices Do I Have?
● As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of or register for certain features of the Services.
● You are able to add or update certain information through the Services, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
● You may request deletion of your Company account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Services, please send us a detailed message at email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: 12/14/2011